Sharing my birthday with an icon like Dr. Seuss inspires me, while his simple quotes, filled with such meaning, always brings a smile to my face. Many of his quotes have become personal mantras to me, and I love that he appeared to have such an optimistic outlook on life. Here’s a few tidbits that make up the me-er than me ;-
1. My adult life has revolved around children: my three babies that have filled my life with such purpose and meaning, the children I worked with for years through CASA and now my grandson who never fails to make me laugh. Believe it or not, as a teenager and young adult I swore I would never have children. Hah! Never say never. God has a way of proving me wrong Every. Single. Time.
2. Although I am the oldest of three, when my much-taller and much-more-athletic brothers and I get together, I have an innate need to try to out-do them ~ doesn’t matter if it’s splitting wood, driving the go-cart, or climbing a tree. We are such a competitive bunch but the laughs we share are priceless.
3. I love to dance. I keep waiting for So You Think You Can Dance to discover me but it just hasn’t happened yet….It might help if I had a bit of rhythm!
4. Board games with family and friends are the best! A game of Monopoly, Clue, Scrabble or cards can keep me occupied all afternoon! that same competitive spirit runs through the entire family, didn’t skip generations, so there’s a fine line playing board games at family gatherings!
5. I’m addicted to podcasts! I have my regular bookish shows like Books on the Nightstand and Inside the New York Times Review, but you’ll also find me bingeing on You Must Remember This, (a fix for all things historical in the movie industry); Happier with Gretchen Rubin, (a brand new show featuring Gretchen and her sister, Elizabeth); and The Chalene Show (for all kinds of motivation – fitness, personal, business). Of course, who can forget the Serial podcast along with the Serial Serial and Criminal! If you’re one of the last people on earth to listen to Serial you’re in for a treat! If you have listened – what’s your take on Adnan?
Now it’s your turn~
- Tell me something about YOU that I don’t know.
- Are you a podcast-binger?
- What’s your favorite Dr. Seuss-ism?